Industry Job Board
INDUSTRY JOB BOARD
Koze Music Publishing is a full service publishing administration & sync agency based out of Los Angeles, California, Nashville and Auckland NZ. Our team consists of a driven group of like-minded, motivated individuals who embrace their passion for advocating our artists and songwriters in the captivating world of Sync Licensing and Music Publishing Administration.
At Koze, Here’s What Your Responsibilities Will Be:
- Assist with creative pitching on briefs to music supervisors
- A&R and onboarding new songwriters, artists, and bands
- Curation of samplers, playlists, general interaction with artists, managers, music supervisors, coordinators etc.
- DISCO catalog management including cleaning up of audio assets, album art, metadata etc.
- Building relationships with music supervisors, coordinators, ad agencies, and other creatives.
- Research & maintain production schedules for TV shows, films, ads, video games
- Pub Admin duties will include: Income Tracking, resolving conflicts, YouTube monetization management, and assisting with registrations and auditing of compositions at PROs and Mechanical societies
- Create and design customized newsletters of featured content to be sent out to industry supervisors.
- Update and maintain our contact and distribution database
- Run and curate sync department’s social media accounts, create and coordinate posts
- Track upcoming music releases and coordinate advances for sync team
- Attend regular team meetings and communicate key releases and new catalog information to the rest of the team
Analyst, Content Performance Analytics – Walt Disney Television (posted on 11-30-23)
Disney Entertainment Content creates award-winning content across the portfolio of television brands and businesses, including ABC Entertainment, ABC News, Disney Branded Television, FX and FX Productions, Freeform, Nat Geo and Hulu Originals. A home to dynamic storytellers and talented creators, Disney Entertainment Television Content develops, produces and programs exceptional content of unparalleled scale and reach with more than 300 programs a year representing over 4,500 hours of programming across our linear networks, and streaming platforms Disney+, Hulu, and Star.
The Disney Entertainment Research, Insights, and Analytics team sits within Disney Entertainment and consults with Senior Content, Strategy, and Marketing Leaders to deliver audience and content performance insights that inspire creative development and inform content strategy. The Analyst, Content Performance Analytics will join a team dedicated to delivering impactful data insights to inform a wide range of strategic decisions influencing the future of television at Disney Entertainment Television.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Conducting exploratory analysis across data sets to illuminate content viewing trends, and provide a deep and ongoing understanding of content performance and audience preferences
- Helping to design, build and automate new reports and dashboards as needed to support decision-making
- Using internal and external analytics tools, SQL, and scripting languages to access and analyze multivariate data
- Building strong partnerships and processes for ongoing collaboration with Analytics and Insights teams across The Walt Disney Company (Including Disney+ and Hulu)
- Performing administrative duties as needed
Executive Assistant, Production – 20th Television (posted on 11-30-23)
20th Television is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support for Executives in Production. This is a high volume and fast-paced desk that works closely with other teams such as Onyx Collective, Hulu, Disney+, FX, and ABC Signature. The ideal candidate will have superior organizational and communication skills; be highly motivated and detail-oriented; and can remain calm under pressure. Job responsibilities include standard assistant duties, team coordinating, and tracking and reporting of important dates and other department administrative needs.
- Support production executives through answering and screening phones, scheduling meetings, and managing contacts.
- Create and schedule meetings with productions studio personnel through various stages of production.
- Act as the day-to-day liaison/first point of contact for show production offices corresponding with the studio.
- Work with production executives to produce hiring charts, production calendars, and update departmental websites and studio grids.
- Manage executive travel and expense reports.
- Schedule, organize, and set up table reads, show & tells, and other large show & studio meetings.
Executive Assistant, Casting – Disney Branded Television (posted on 11-30-23)
At Disney Branded Television (DBT), you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and create new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills….DBT Casting is seeking an Assistant to support the VP, Executive Director and Director of Casting.
- Maintain and organize calendar scheduling, phones, and travel arrangements for executives.
- Demonstrate strong communication and time-management skills, able to effectively communicate and manage tasks in a proactive and timely manner.
- Create and contribute on lists, memos, meetings, and events.
- Submit expense reports and purchasing requests for supplies, executives, talent initiatives, and events.
- Assist in talent outreach initiatives including Actor Workshops.
- Assist in casting sessions, working with internal and external guests. Duties include preparing the space, operating the camera, uploading clips, and more.
- Track episodic data for executives’ shows in a timely manner.
- Prepare presentations for internal/external meetings.
- Provide additional support to other executives and department as needed.
- Develops and maintains databases, distribution lists, mailing lists and filing systems.
- Maintains standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
- Oversee the North America, Australia & New Zealand Product Operations & Strategy team focused on our music distribution and engagement/monetization products
- Work with PM leaders and data teams to define strategy, leverage user insights, and create product roadmaps and operational processes for your product areas
- Lead and develop a team of distribution and product operations specialists
- Support internal Product and Development teams to improve and iterate the tools and features of SoundOn and our Artist focused products and services
- Maintain strong knowledge of our tech stack and proprietary systems, products and processes
- Help troubleshoot and proactively identify any issues involved in the product development and distribution processes between internal stakeholders, external clients and distribution partners
- Build and maintain healthy partnerships with our stakeholder teams in Product, Engineering, Content, Marketing, PR, Legal and TnS to guarantee market readiness for product launches, including communications, trainings and support during rollout.
- Oversee SoundOn’s North American music distribution and monetization operations with a focus on industry leading delivery, management, protection and monetization of music releases
Assistant or Associate Professor, Mike Curb Endowed Chair of Music Industry Studies – CSUN (posted on 11-25-23)
The Department of Music at California State University, Northridge (CSUN) is seeking a tenure-track faculty member at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor to serve as the Mike Curb Endowed Chair of Music Industry Studies. The successful candidate will teach courses in the field of Music Industry and have research interests in this field.
In addition to teaching, the position requires weekly office hours, attending faculty meetings, participation in assessment of student learning, and service to the department, college, and university. The successful candidate will be held to the standards and requirements of the college and department in which he/she/they is/are housed for recommending tenure and promotion. Given CSUN’s commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and engagement in a diverse environment, the successful candidate will help the Department achieve equitable academic outcomes for all students through teaching, student mentorship, scholarship, and service.
- Graduate degree in music, law, business, or another relevant field
- Professional experience in one or more areas of the music industry, including but not limited to: Music Law, Music Publishing and Licensing, Copyright, Entertainment Industry Contracts, Record Company Operations, Artist Management, Music in Media, Live Performance, or Music Products
- Classroom teaching experience in person and/or online
- The Music Coordinator will work closely with the Head of Music and be an integral part to the film music team
- You will be expected to leverage strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to partner effectively across divisions and with external partners
- Creating policies and systems to manage music assets
- Tracking and reporting music budgets
- Tracking and reporting music licensing
- Collecting cue sheets and ensuring third party publishing information is accurate
- Implementing cues sheets on Rapid CueAssisting in the coordination of other music operations as needed
- Providing administrative support to the Head of Music, Movies
Our growing Artist & Label Relations team is seeking an Artist & Label Relations Representative. In this role, you will be tasked with managing a portfolio of new and existing artists and labels and ensuring that your clients are consistently receiving the maximum value from our product and services.
Providing top customer service to clients at various levels, building valuable relationships, and asking strategic questions is something that comes naturally to you. You are excited to foster meaningful and lasting customer partnerships that keep users engaged, while simultaneously adding new accounts to our book of business.
While this role will require interaction with artists, labels, and managers at various stages in their career and various levels of seniority, the primary responsibilities will be administrative and operations-focused. A successful Artist & Label Relations Representative will set realistic expectations with their clients, deliver on those expectations, and ask the necessary questions to ensure that we are taking the actions required to retain and grow their business.
This role is full-time and fully remote, with occasional in-person get-togethers for which we cover travel / lodging for out-of-town employees. While we will consider candidates from across the United States, we are prioritizing those based in the Los Angeles area.
Associate Director, Global Marketing Priorities (U.S.) – Universal Music Group (posted on 10-24-23)
- Communicate and collaborate with artist management and key label executives at our labels around the world to build trusting relationships and showcase your proactive and powerful digital marketing ideas.
- Share expertise of knowledge and passion for music and popular culture and help guide key stakeholders.
- Create, update, and maintain priority documents and external marketing pitch decks.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of artist roster, employees, and external contacts.
- Leverage your existing relationships and develop new partnerships to collaborate with social partners (like TikTok, Instagram, Triller, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.) to implement exciting new online initiatives to create virality, grow audience & drive engagement for our artists & their music/music-related products.
- Execute marketing strategy and share key insights, thoughts and input into our Global Artists Programs which serve as a priority system for Universal Music worldwide.
- Understand, analyze, and filter results of analysis and present it to the internal departments.
- Measure and analyze overall campaign performance and provide insights and key learnings to other departments.
The ideal candidate for the Avex USA Admin Manager role will have a good understanding of the nuances of both domestic and international musical copyright, registrations, releases, royalty tracking, and organizing metadata. The main role of the Admin Manager is to handle copyright registrations for the publishing catalogue as well as manage Avex internal database for both publishing and label catalogue, working with the team to track splits, assist in resolving disputes, and keeping data updated and organized. This position will also act as an admin liaison for the Selene label team, assisting with the management of label release details, budget tracking and expenses. They will also be responsible for pub sync admin tracking, including communicating with clients and our administrator to seek sync approvals and keeping track of correspondence, statuses and payments.
This is a full-time position and will be remote/hybrid based in Los Angeles, CA
● Daily/weekly maintenance of label and publishing catalogue (in Music Maestro)
● Regular communication with label team to ensure organization of label catalogue splits, release dates, etc..
● Track/maintain all catalogue information and submit registrations for newly acquired publishing catalogue
● Assist on any outstanding split discrepancies within publishing catalogue
● Assist department VP on various income tracking and catalogue research projects
● Communicate with clients, managers, lawyers to acquire split information
● Act as liaison between our administrator and clients for sync approvals, maintain internal sync request log
● Support label team and accounting with label client budgets and expense tracking
● Support department VP with royalty statement auditing process and any other administrative duties
Future assistants will provide administrative support to an Agent in our Music Department. The ideal candidate should be motivated, interested in the concert booking space, quick-thinking and open to working in an environment where he/she is capable of performing administrative tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Administrative duties include heavy phones, coordinating meetings and schedules, preparing expense reports, booking travel, producing correspondence, special projects, organization of touring clients’ activity (ticket counts, contract tracking, deposit tracking, releasing of monies, routing, etc.)
- Research music copyright ownership using information available through the internet, direct sources, and other reference tools
- Prepare and enter updates to Songdex, the largest independent source of music copyright information in the world
- Match sound recordings to musical works
- May include other tasks related to music database maintenance and research, such as researching new releases or processing music cue sheet
Royalty Review Council has an immediate opening for a Royalty Accountant, an ideal opportunity for an experienced royalty accountant from the entertainment industry, particularly with experience with Counterpoint (Vistex) Systems software (Record Maestro and Music Maestro).
- 2+ years of record label or music publishing administration experience in preparing royalty statements REQUIRED
- Solid math skills and the ability to think analytically
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, lookups, data validation, formulas)
- Experience working with Counterpoint Systems Record Maestro and/or Music Maestro a plus
- Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or Music Industries Studies degree preferred
- Ability to work within deadlines, exercise good judgment, and maintain client confidentiality
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Set up royalty rate terms and label copy information in royalty system
- Enter quarterly sales, costs, reserves and related data for clients in royalty system
- Review royalty statements for accuracy
- Research unknown song publisher shares
- Other music related projects
- Meet established guidelines and timelines with high quality results
If you are a CA-licensed attorney with music legal experience and an exacting attention to detail who wants to join an innovative law firm run by a top music attorney, then read on!
Erin M. Jacobson, Esq., A.P.C. is a top boutique music law firm in Los Angeles, CA. The firm represents music artists, songwriters, composers, music publishers, independent record labels, managers, producers, estates and heirs, and legacy music catalogues. The nature of the firm’s work is transactional. We handle contractual, copyright, and publishing administration matters on behalf of clients (i.e. no litigation).
Our mission is to protect music creators, rights’ owners, and their catalogues through expert deal negotiation, intellectual property management, and advice for long term success. We value professionalism, excellence in our work, expert knowledge and advice, confidentiality, honesty, and innovation.
We are looking for a superstar Associate Attorney who is smart, positive, reliable, detail-oriented, trustworthy, and can work independently.
This is a full-time, remote role, reporting directly to the firm owner/managing attorney. Although the position is remote, the candidate must be a California resident. There will be a brief, part-time evaluation period at the outset to ensure a good fit for both parties.
Candidates should only be interested in a long-term position with the firm.