Industry Job Board
INDUSTRY JOB BOARD
Music Royalty Analyst (hybrid) – Burbank, CA (posted on 2-28-24)
Energy Jobline would like to introduce the role of Music Royalties Analyst based in Burbank, CA, USA. If you think you are a suitable match for this role, please hit the apply button for more details.
This will be HYBRID – 2-3 days per week in Burbank * 1-2 years experience in Participations and … Updates the team’s internal system and databases with new stakeholder information. * Creates …
PLEASE NOTE: This job is supplied by a trusted partner. In order to read the full job description please click the ‘apply’ button. If you are a registered site member with an uploaded CV, you will be passed straight through. If not, then you will be asked to register a free account with us.
Exceleration Music is a global music venture focused on investing in and providing personalized solutions to independent labels, artists and music entrepreneurs. The Company strives to be a record company for the future, based on flexibility, deep values and a passion for independent culture. Exceleration is building a team to support that journey, and make a difference across a broad range of music genres.
The Rights Administrator will be responsible for implementing and overseeing Exceleration’s activities across all aspects of rights administration, including maintaining rights data across our systems, obtaining copyright registrations, negotiating, issuing and securing mechanical licenses, and handling rights conflicts. Working with the Exceleration team, the rights administrator will be responsible for ensuring that rights-related data, contracts, registrations and all other issues are effectively managed and that the company remains abreast of all rights-related issues.
The candidate will be a detail-oriented, highly organized self-starter with a strong work ethic and positive attitude. They will demonstrate a proven track record in rights administration in the music space, including a deep knowledge of the issues, responsibilities, contractual standards, and revenue flow in this area of the music business. The candidate will possess strong technical and practical skills aimed at maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of this part of our business. The candidate will be closely attuned to new trends and innovations across the market and lead the positioning of the company to be current with these trends.
● Apply for copyrights registrations
● Implement and maintain rights and copyright database
● Respond to requests for mechanical licenses for songs that we administer or are the publisher
● Negotiate, issue and secure mechanical licenses for our recordings and compositions. Prepare rate sheets and submit to royalties team for processing.
● Monitor expiry dates of license agreement or reversion clauses to ensure that agreement is extended or that appropriate steps are taken to remove related product from distribution
● Negotiate and document miscellaneous ancillary licenses
● Research and communicate artist or writer approval requirements for synchronization licenses
● Manage performance and neighboring rights administration, including providing all relevant rights data and resolving conflicts
● Administer and manage publishing rights
● Ensure all master recordings have a fully executed, written agreement
● Summarize artist or songwriter contracts. Assist with maintenance of artist contract folders and database.
● Other miscellaneous tasks related to the management of the company’s rights and corresponding obligations
Approved Remote Locations:
San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Los Angeles, CA | San Diego, CA | Boston, MA | Houston, TX | Baltimore, MD
The Music Operations role will assist the Music Development Manager and Music Operations Team with day-to-day administration and communications within the Meta Music Initiative program.
• Work closely with the Music Development Manager, Music Operations Team, A&R Coordinators, and internal and external Composers to help facilitate receipt of all new approved music documentation
• Enter new music & artist entries into DAM and insure complete and accurate data needed for ingestion
• Work closely with Music Production, Music Operations and Audio Librarian to help get all music files uploaded and available for use quickly and consistently
• Act as liaison and assist in communications between Audio Librarian, Music Supervisors, and FB/external teams for collecting usage/project data as needed
• Assist the Music Operations Team with DAM content analysis, and other administration as needed
• Assist with metadata review and quality assurance for backlog catalog and work directly with Music Operations to process incoming content
Create Music Group is an LA-based digital music company that provides artists and labels with distribution, rights management, and creative services. We monetize billions of monthly music streams and have collected over millions in previously unclaimed revenue for artists and labels. Clients include Ice Spice, Future, JLo, City Girls, Slander, Marshmello, Don Diablo, Trippie Redd, Migos, and more.
Label Engine was founded in 2008 with a single purpose: to reduce the number of time-consuming tasks involved in growing and operating a successful record label. Since being acquired by Create Music Group in 2015, LE has gained a reputation as one of the most efficient distribution platforms in the industry and has become a household name among artists, managers, and label owners worldwide. By combining a unique set of essential tools into one easy-to-use system, Label Engine takes the hassle out of distribution and lets you focus on what matters most: your music.
Support administrative metadata tasks by ensuring metadata is correctly received from labels
Provide client support including but not limited to answering all service inquiries and digital release support
Work with DSPs through various communication channels to solve ingestion and delivery issues
Production Management Is Accountable For The Four Main Project Functions Of Financial Accountability, Process Accountability, Schedule/Calendar Accountability & Task Completion Accountability. The Assistant Production Manager Participates In These Four Main Functions At a Variety Of Levels, Depending Upon The Individual Project Scope/need
- For large-scale/marquee projects (as assigned), this position will provide support of all of these functions, project-wide and/or have shared-accountability for one or more functions within a specific segment/assignment on the project.
- For medium-scale projects (as assigned), this position will provide support of all of these functions, project-wide and/or have full-accountability for one or more functions within a specific segment/assignment on the project.
- For small-scale projects (as assigned), this position may have full accountability for all combined functions, project wide.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Provides project support for all production management functions with specific attention to development of scope, budgeting, development of staffing plans, scheduling, purchase approvals, and budget tracking. Works closely with finance and production partners, as appropriate, on budget updates and justifications.
- Provides support in the development of operational planning for projects.
- Actively participates in staff meetings and communication with all necessary stakeholders. Takes lead for specific meetings as required.
- Develops and/or implements task-specific timelines.
- Manages specific installation of project elements (vendors/in-house trades).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Curate and disseminate information to publicity team, including but not limited to:
- Media monitoring for network coverage and compiling daily press headlines reports and show premiere recaps.
- Create and maintain targeted press lists.
- Maintain an awareness for network news and industry trends.
- Work with corporate travel and publicists to book and coordinate talent travel itineraries.
- Assist with the drafting of press materials (i.e. press releases, episodic loglines, bios, etc.) and ensure that details are current and accurate on network media site.
- Assist at publicity events, including some evenings and weekends. Events include, but are not limited to: screenings, panels, press junkets, award shows, etc.
- Provide overarching administrative support for the department, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining executive calendars and managing schedules.
- Assisting with executive expense report submissions.
- Coordinating meetings, conference calls, etc. and observing for note-taking purposes.
- 1+ years of entertainment communications or marketing related experience
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Social media savvy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products and remote communication programs, as well as a familiarity with programs such as MuckRack, TVEyes, or similar services.
Job Purpose: The Administrative Assistant will maximize effectiveness and efficiency of the Creative team by providing general administrative assistance and support. You will serve as the responsible party for the songwriter experience at the Sony Music Publishing office in Los Angeles. You will provide the highest possible level of customer service by supporting both the A&R team and the songwriters, ensuring that the department meets all their needs.
What You’ll Do:
- Build a strong and cohesive partnership with other EAs and Creative Admins, both domestically and internationally in NY, LA, Miami, Nashville, and the UK
- Generate, distribute, and maintain various reports as needed by the A&R team including the casting list, pitch list, A&R research documents and other important department documents. Take meticulous notes during meetings and distribute accordingly
- Proactively anticipate needs of A&R staff to foresee problems and prevent them by acting
- Make recommendations related to schedules, communications, travel and systems
- Own and proactively manage an ever-changing calendar of internal and external meetings with attention to accuracy, detail (including time zones) and allocation of time and resources to promote productivity and successful execution of the A&R team (this includes managing all details – attendees, location, time, length and provide background information and agendas when needed)
- Coordinate with travel agent to provide a seamless travel experience for complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, including flights, hotel accommodations, car service and more in accordance with company policy and compile travel documents for expense reimbursement.
- Handle travel for both executives and songwriter clients
- Manage, process, and track expense reports in a timely fashion and in accordance with the SMP T&E policy
- Master the use of SMP internal systems such as SCORE, TEMPO and PITCH. Regularly upload new releases into the PITCH system
- Liaise with other departments within SMP such as Business Affairs, Sync, and Admin
- Finger on the pulse of hip restaurants and venues in order to book restaurant reservations, private meetings, off-sites, celebratory events, industry events and more
- Act as host of meetings, develop meeting agendas, etc.
As an Executive Assistant, you will oversee the day-to-day functions of the Executive Vice President of Philanthropy & Social Impact for Sony Music Group. You will handle a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, as well as supporting the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team with managing programs and initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Provide administrative support to executive including answering phones, coordinating meetings/events, maintaining calendar, arranging conference calls, booking travel, processing invoices and submitting expenses reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate logistics for programs as it relates to the Global Philanthropy & Social Impact team.
- Research and provide analysis on CSR issues (to include but not limited to corporate governance, employee, environment, and community.)
- Act as a gatekeeper as it pertains to meetings, calls and visitors.
- Serve as liaison between the executive and internal staff, artists/artist managers, attorneys, and other business partners and keep executive organized and abreast of urgent issues.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other senior executive assistants.
- Organize and maintain office area/executive conference room.
- Draft and revise documents/presentations using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Keep up-to-date and remain knowledgeable on music business news.
- Assist in keeping executive up to date on company initiatives, marketing, concerts, promotions, and issues.
- Organize meetings/events as needed.
- Assist with the planning and execution of events on behalf of department.
- Handle ad hoc projects and provide support to other senior staff members as directed.
- Track charitable donations on behalf of Sony Music Group including, but not limited to, the Global Social Justice fund, COVID fund and CSR fund.
- Must be available evenings and occasional weekends.
Create Music Group is an LA-based digital music company that provides artists and labels with distribution, rights management, and creative services. We monetize over 12 billion monthly music streams and have collected over $150 Million in previously unclaimed revenue for artists and labels. Clients include Future, Playboi Carti, JLo, City Girls, Marshmello, Don Diablo, Trippie Redd, Migos, and more
VRTCL is a full service digital marketing agency run and founded by creators. Our key mission is to help artists find their true voice and audience on TikTok and other short form platforms. A key part of our success is our ability to tap in directly with creators to curate the best possible content for short form campaigns.
The Music Intern will be responsible for assisting with TikTok, IG Reels and other short form platform marketing campaigns for our clients. This intern will work closely with our music team to help develop engaging and creative TikTok campaigns, analyze metrics, and assist in tracking and documenting campaign results.
- Assist with TikTok and other short form marketing campaigns for our clients
- Assist with campaign dashboards, reporting any spikes or falls in performance
- Assist in analyzing TikTok metrics and providing insights and recommendations to improve performance
- Stay up-to-date with the latest TikTok trends and features and make recommendations for incorporating them into our clients’ strategies
- Participate in brainstorming and ideation sessions for new TikTok campaigns
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
- Provide admin support to members of the Corporate Affairs, including scheduling meetings, taking meeting notes, answering phones, booking travel, managing billing and expenses, coordinating IT and facilities services, and organizing team efforts
- Responsible for monitoring major papers, trades, online outlets, and social media sites for relevant NBCUniversal West news to keep the team apprised of breaking news throughout the day
- Design and update graphics for corporate presentations, internal communications, events, and toolkits
- Assist with securing and curating digital content and assets for internal lot-wide communication channels including property App and digital screens
- Act as additional support for in-person and virtual events ranging from internal to external
- Support the execution of community outreach programs including fielding email inquiries, managing mailings, and responding appropriately
- Track and evaluate effectiveness of communication strategies and campaigns
The Project Manager is the main point of contact of each artist they represent, ensuring that all requirements are being met for each project release and that processes are accurately completed from start to finish. Effective project managers are quick on their feet, have high communication skills, are problem solvers, organized, and are able to smoothly transition and adjust if any hurdles arise. They can speak to clients, managers, and internal teams accordingly in order to ensure that project requirements, deadlines, and marketing campaigns are being met. We are looking for a Project Manager who can take on the responsibilities of playing a key role in the successful execution of project releases and marketing campaigns.
- Onboard the client (and potential catalog) accordingly through digital rights team onboarding YT assets or initiating the back catalog transfer.
- Primary point of contact for artists by booking travel and accommodations, maintaining schedules, day-to-day management and streamline communications for artists and their respective projects.
- Gather deliverables and communicate with artist and management in regards to project submission and deadlines.
- Work closely with Accounting team related to artist royalty payments and payments for marketing services.
- Manage projects across multiple channels for artists and create and maintain project timelines and budgets, track activities on projects and establish a clear path (and owners) of next steps, facilitate relationships between artist stakeholders for project execution (e.g. digital marketing teams, creative services, label/distribution partners, booking agents, brand partners, publicists)
- Collect and distribute all assets to and from all departments (A&R, radio, press, syncs/licensing, executives, distribution, management) and be in constant communication with the internal departments to make sure they’re executing their tasks for product/artist.
- Work cross functionally across various departments to ensure operational efficiency.
- Oversee the calendar and ensure it gets updated but the actual updating of calendar.
- Work with A&R team to coordinate music clearances for single and album releases (if applicable, should not be for distribution deals), video content; assist on music licensing opportunities
- Potentially oversee D2C marketing and overall merchandising, including brainstorms and execution.
- Brainstorm ideas in regards to sessions, branding, DSP opportunities, etc.
- May be responsible for creating album marketing plans and implement artist development strategy – identify audience targets, plan and execute activations, maintain overarching album marketing budgets, analyze impact of marketing drivers, develop artist narrative, cultivate cohesive brand presence and ancillary revenue streams.
- May be responsible for overseeing ongoing digital marketing initiatives: tracking WW growth across artist social channels, making sure digital/PR is securing site premieres for single (audio and music video) releases, coordinating content pieces
- May be responsible for commissioning video and photo content such as: music videos (i.e. director selection, treatment and budget examination, on-site execution, buy-out agreements/contracts, final cut review and edits), LED and/or projected screen visuals for live shows, press photos
The Prime Video Channels team is seeking a self-driven, highly organized, resourceful, and proactive Executive Assistant supporting two Executives within the team. The responsibilities of the role consist of a wide range of activities, including management of complex calendars and scheduling requirements, tracking key deliverables, coordinating travel, expenses and budgeting, and project coordination. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to coordinating meeting agendas, facilitating key team activities and events (such as all-hands meetings to fun engagement activities), general office management, site lead and ambassador for our team within the LA office; insisting on a high bar for the experience of employees working in this location. As an Executive Assistant, you’ll have the opportunity to act as an extension of our leaders in partnership with a solid team of other Executive Assistants and key business partners.
The candidate will be an experienced administrative professional who is looking for their next big opportunity to grow & advance their career. They will be a fast learner with experience using sound judgment while working in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, and ever-changing work environment, and have strong prioritization abilities to complete a high volume of complex tasks with minimal to no supervision. They will also be a detail oriented planner with the demonstrated ability to communicate and respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility, a sense of humor, and most importantly, grace under pressure. Experience working with a design team is not required. However, you should have an interest in the space and a desire to learn more about the design industry.
Finally, the candidate will be someone who is ready to build a deep and trusting, long-term professional relationship with the Executives they will support. Over time, the relationships will blossom into strong partnerships, and the Executive Assistant will be a vital leader on the team with the opportunity to take on special initiatives with increased responsibility to step up and run employee engagement programs to help improve inclusivity and motivation of the entire team.
Key job responsibilities:
- This position will require at least 3 days a week in the office
- Management of complex calendar and scheduling to support teams in multiple global locations and time zones
- Manage expense reports and domestic/international travel
- Organize, execute, and assist with team activities (staff meeting agendas, all-hands meetings, off-sites, and team social events)
- Understand business priorities and proactively look for ways to improve processes to create efficiency and scale for the leadership team
- Plan the annual calendar and facilitate the integration/prioritization of business activities
- Build relationships with Executive Assistants throughout the team and across the company as well as with Finance, HR, Legal, Product, and Engineering partners
- Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
- Act as a liaison for direct reports
- Management of team space, including moves, and reconfiguration
- Work closely with the leadership team, recruiting and other Executive Assistants to provide support to the organization
- Ok with periodic travel for team summits, leads workshops, and events
- Have fun and help others on the team do the same
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations: Culver City, CA, USA
As the Music Partnership Development Lead (North America), you will play a pivotal role within the Music Vertical of the Global Music Partnership Development team. Our team specializes in forging high-level partnerships in the area of music business across the globe. Our primary goal is to grow the ByteDance music ecosystem by enhancing ByteDance products within the music sector through strategic collaborations with target partners and to deliver a distinct and elevated experience to the artist community.
If you’re a forward-thinking, strategic individual with a strong passion for music and deep understanding of platform business and the ability to transform ideas into action, we encourage you to join our team and contribute to our mission of elevating the music experience for artists and ByteDance products.
- Stay informed and Strategize: Stay abreast of changes and trends within the ByteDance platform and the music/entertainment/media industry. Develop impactful strategies for the team based on industry insights.
- Strategic Partner Identification: Identify and prioritize potential strategic partners in the music industry, including platforms, media, content relations as well as product support. Align these partnerships with internal product goals and market needs. Establish and nurture relationships from initiation through execution.
- Execution and Negotiation: Execute partnership agreements and negotiate terms as necessary, fostering mutually beneficial relationships with industry leaders.
- Alignment with Company Objectives: Align with product updates, business roadmaps, and overall company objectives. Explore opportunities to fulfill partners’ needs by developing creative and mutually beneficial partnership plans.
- Innovation and Insights: Proactively share ideas and insights for product innovations on behalf of our core partners.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with relevant internal teams to ensure that ByteDance takes partner input into account in relevant product and policy decisions. Effectively communicate with cross-functional teams to align with their goals, share resources, and create synergistic outcomes.
- Fast-Paced Environment: Thrive in a results-oriented, fast-paced team environment, adept at managing multiple projects concurrently while collaborating with colleagues worldwide.
Your New Role…
The Awards Department Assistant role will provide key administrative and organizational support to the VP of Awards and the entire Warner Bros. Discovery Awards department team. In this role, you will immerse yourself in Warner Bros. Discovery content and learn about the awards space in a thorough and exciting way, helping shape the future of the company.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Maintain the daily schedule for the VP of Awards, as well as oversee department calendars, including tracking and updating third party deadlines and events.
- Manage agendas and schedule internal and external team meetings on a regular basis for VP of Awards & other Awards department team members.
- Process expense reports and coordinate business travel for department executives.
- Update department contacts and distribution lists.
- Oversee general and event-related awards inbox correspondence as needed.
- Process invoices for Awards department and assist with the coordination of talent grooming / glam / styling for awards opportunities.
- Research network and program award statistics and department records and work with Awards team to accurately record all entries, nominations, and wins.
- Collect and disseminate crucial information and documents on a regular basis, including various award organization’s rules and regulations, internal programming and production information and department records.
- Archive important documents and department correspondence.
- Assist the team with the supervision of the seasonal intern.
- Staff departmental events, including ceremonies and campaign events.
- Special projects as assigned.
This position provides administrative support to music video commissioners and is responsible for coordinating various aspects of video production. You will also serve as a liaison between the video department, a variety of internal label departments, artist management, and video production teams.
What you’ll do:
- Provide administrative support; examples include (but are not limited to) meeting management, processing and tracking invoices, expense reports, and ordering supplies.
- Assist commissioner with video solicitation, circulation of budgets for approval, pre-production needs (wardrobe, rider requests, glam, security etc.), and post-production needs
- Track all costs, payments, and contracts related to each production project and facilitate payments and contracts with A&R Administration department
- Maintain databases (directors, production company, stylists, hair/makeup, editors, DP’s etc)
- Book employee and artist/camp glam, travel, hotels, and transportation
- Assist with video productions, meetings, and events on location as requested
- Act as a liaison with other departments, executives, employees, clients and external partners to provide assistance with miscellaneous requests in a timely and efficient manner
Who you are:
- Someone with prior administrative experience in a professional business environment.
- You’re able to work effectively and maintain composure in a fast-paced, high pressure, and high-volume environment.
- Passion and knowledge of all things pop culture (music, art, artists, videos, and current trends) are your jam and something you are well-versed in.
- A resourceful multitasker with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A confident communicator who’s great with people and is a dedicated team player.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Coordinator, Creative Sync to join our dynamic team in the music industry.
What You’ll Do
- Manage day to day department activities/needs
- Establish daily priority of projects and follow up to ensure timely delivery of pitches
- Research rights holders and assist in rights clearances
- Soliciting song assets and information from label/artist clients
- Maintain/update Disco database with relevant metadata
- Update contact database
- Assist in pitching and marketing Orchard distributed and owned catalog
- Prepare reports outlining pitched and placed songs
- Update team with confirmed airdates
- Maintain spreadsheet on pitched songs
- Maintain sync release schedule
- Liaise between sync department, other company departments and labels as needed
- Manage documentation for all prospective sync licenses
- Assist in reviewing, revising and issuing master licenses
- Provide updates to clients on sync status and payments
- Ensure the delivery of licenses and invoices
- Assist in fulfilling direct requests for specific tracks and song information
- Attend shows and events
Who You Are
- At least 1 year of experience preferred in sync or licensing
- Understanding of music licensing, performance rights, sync licensing, and legal language a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work after regular business hours when urgent matters arise
- Ability and interest in working in a fast-paced but casual environment
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task is a must
- Extremely organized and good communication skills
Secretly Distribution Video & Social Media Account Coordinator – Secretly (posted on 1-3-24)
Company Summary: Secretly Distribution is a curated distribution company working globally with premiere independent labels and artists. We are headquartered in Bloomington, IN, with offices in Brooklyn, Chicago, London and Los Angeles and additional staff in Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam and beyond. We work every day to support great art with transparency, creativity, expertise and hard work.
Position Summary: Secretly Distribution seeks a Video and Social Account Coordinator to fill a newly opened position within our growing digital department. This is a full-time position based in one of our US offices (Bloomington, LA, New York). The new hire will provide support for key video and social based DSP relationships including YouTube, VEVO, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok, while working closely with our existing digital marketing team and distributed label partners. This role reports to the Video and Social Account Manager.
– Support key DSP relationships – primarily those intersecting across streaming audio, video, and social media
– Join and contribute on regular calls, in-person meetings, and playbacks with key DSP partners and distributed label and artist teams
– Assist with formulating, solicitating, and submitting for editorial features and bespoke marketing opportunities
– Liaise with distributed label and artist partners on strategy, scheduling, and reporting
– Work closely with the wider digital marketing team to determine release priority and pitch relevant tracks and albums to video and social streaming platforms
– Consistently update a library of video and social media platform best practice resources
– Draft and circulate Secretly Distribution’s Socials Update weekly mailer to label partners
– Submit and maintain artist and label verification requests for Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and additional relevant DSPs
– Assist label partners with social media related clerical issues (hacking, access issues, etc.)
– Update Secretly Distribution social media properties using best practices as needed to keep profiles active and relevant
E! News Digital is seeking a creative, self-motivated, full-time team player to support the Originals Team.
The role will focus on producing Live From The Red Carpet livestreams for award shows and movie premieres, as well as developing and producing multi-platform digital original series primed for audience acquisition, video views, and revenue. This production leader should have live events coverage experience as well as deep digital production experience, particular in the livestream space. The Senior Producer/Editor, Originals will be responsible for bringing the E! News brand to life digitally: ideating, pitching, prepping, line producing, editing and uploading premium original video series under tight deadlines.
The ideal candidate should be proactive, organized, and dedicated to creating best-in-class content under the E! News Digital brand. This person will be expected to collaborate on show treatments / pitch materials, episode beat sheets, shot lists, as well as scout locations and cast shows. The ideal candidate must be a digital pro who knows how to create content that resonates for multiple audiences across multiple platforms. The ability to give timely and effective notes to producers, editors and graphics artists will be required. This role will report to the Director, Originals.
- Pitch and execute digital videos and series for built-if sold concepts and branded entertainment for sales teams.
- Develop, line, and post produce digital video original franchises.
- Produce talent to get best performances.
- Work as a producer on all digital Live From The Red Carpet productions, liaising with production management teams, and executing the production on the ground with a team.
- Build beat sheets, outlines, shot lists and oversee digital production and shoots.
- Develop graphics packages with graphics artists, utilize music libraries, work with DP’s on framing and shooting style, etc. to create a clear brand tone on franchises.
- Maintain a digital production schedule, oversee and optimize workflow to keep costs down and tight deadlines met.
- Publish content according to programming calendars.
Koze Music Publishing is a full service publishing administration & sync agency based out of Los Angeles, California, Nashville and Auckland NZ. Our team consists of a driven group of like-minded, motivated individuals who embrace their passion for advocating our artists and songwriters in the captivating world of Sync Licensing and Music Publishing Administration.
At Koze, Here’s What Your Responsibilities Will Be:
- Assist with creative pitching on briefs to music supervisors
- A&R and onboarding new songwriters, artists, and bands
- Curation of samplers, playlists, general interaction with artists, managers, music supervisors, coordinators etc.
- DISCO catalog management including cleaning up of audio assets, album art, metadata etc.
- Building relationships with music supervisors, coordinators, ad agencies, and other creatives.
- Research & maintain production schedules for TV shows, films, ads, video games
- Pub Admin duties will include: Income Tracking, resolving conflicts, YouTube monetization management, and assisting with registrations and auditing of compositions at PROs and Mechanical societies
- Create and design customized newsletters of featured content to be sent out to industry supervisors.
- Update and maintain our contact and distribution database
- Run and curate sync department’s social media accounts, create and coordinate posts
- Track upcoming music releases and coordinate advances for sync team
- Attend regular team meetings and communicate key releases and new catalog information to the rest of the team
Analyst, Content Performance Analytics – Walt Disney Television (posted on 11-30-23)
Disney Entertainment Content creates award-winning content across the portfolio of television brands and businesses, including ABC Entertainment, ABC News, Disney Branded Television, FX and FX Productions, Freeform, Nat Geo and Hulu Originals. A home to dynamic storytellers and talented creators, Disney Entertainment Television Content develops, produces and programs exceptional content of unparalleled scale and reach with more than 300 programs a year representing over 4,500 hours of programming across our linear networks, and streaming platforms Disney+, Hulu, and Star.
The Disney Entertainment Research, Insights, and Analytics team sits within Disney Entertainment and consults with Senior Content, Strategy, and Marketing Leaders to deliver audience and content performance insights that inspire creative development and inform content strategy. The Analyst, Content Performance Analytics will join a team dedicated to delivering impactful data insights to inform a wide range of strategic decisions influencing the future of television at Disney Entertainment Television.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Conducting exploratory analysis across data sets to illuminate content viewing trends, and provide a deep and ongoing understanding of content performance and audience preferences
- Helping to design, build and automate new reports and dashboards as needed to support decision-making
- Using internal and external analytics tools, SQL, and scripting languages to access and analyze multivariate data
- Building strong partnerships and processes for ongoing collaboration with Analytics and Insights teams across The Walt Disney Company (Including Disney+ and Hulu)
- Performing administrative duties as needed
Executive Assistant, Production – 20th Television (posted on 11-30-23)
20th Television is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support for Executives in Production. This is a high volume and fast-paced desk that works closely with other teams such as Onyx Collective, Hulu, Disney+, FX, and ABC Signature. The ideal candidate will have superior organizational and communication skills; be highly motivated and detail-oriented; and can remain calm under pressure. Job responsibilities include standard assistant duties, team coordinating, and tracking and reporting of important dates and other department administrative needs.
- Support production executives through answering and screening phones, scheduling meetings, and managing contacts.
- Create and schedule meetings with productions studio personnel through various stages of production.
- Act as the day-to-day liaison/first point of contact for show production offices corresponding with the studio.
- Work with production executives to produce hiring charts, production calendars, and update departmental websites and studio grids.
- Manage executive travel and expense reports.
- Schedule, organize, and set up table reads, show & tells, and other large show & studio meetings.
Executive Assistant, Casting – Disney Branded Television (posted on 11-30-23)
At Disney Branded Television (DBT), you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and create new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills….DBT Casting is seeking an Assistant to support the VP, Executive Director and Director of Casting.
- Maintain and organize calendar scheduling, phones, and travel arrangements for executives.
- Demonstrate strong communication and time-management skills, able to effectively communicate and manage tasks in a proactive and timely manner.
- Create and contribute on lists, memos, meetings, and events.
- Submit expense reports and purchasing requests for supplies, executives, talent initiatives, and events.
- Assist in talent outreach initiatives including Actor Workshops.
- Assist in casting sessions, working with internal and external guests. Duties include preparing the space, operating the camera, uploading clips, and more.
- Track episodic data for executives’ shows in a timely manner.
- Prepare presentations for internal/external meetings.
- Provide additional support to other executives and department as needed.
- Develops and maintains databases, distribution lists, mailing lists and filing systems.
- Maintains standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
- Oversee the North America, Australia & New Zealand Product Operations & Strategy team focused on our music distribution and engagement/monetization products
- Work with PM leaders and data teams to define strategy, leverage user insights, and create product roadmaps and operational processes for your product areas
- Lead and develop a team of distribution and product operations specialists
- Support internal Product and Development teams to improve and iterate the tools and features of SoundOn and our Artist focused products and services
- Maintain strong knowledge of our tech stack and proprietary systems, products and processes
- Help troubleshoot and proactively identify any issues involved in the product development and distribution processes between internal stakeholders, external clients and distribution partners
- Build and maintain healthy partnerships with our stakeholder teams in Product, Engineering, Content, Marketing, PR, Legal and TnS to guarantee market readiness for product launches, including communications, trainings and support during rollout.
- Oversee SoundOn’s North American music distribution and monetization operations with a focus on industry leading delivery, management, protection and monetization of music releases
Assistant or Associate Professor, Mike Curb Endowed Chair of Music Industry Studies – CSUN (posted on 11-25-23)
The Department of Music at California State University, Northridge (CSUN) is seeking a tenure-track faculty member at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor to serve as the Mike Curb Endowed Chair of Music Industry Studies. The successful candidate will teach courses in the field of Music Industry and have research interests in this field.
In addition to teaching, the position requires weekly office hours, attending faculty meetings, participation in assessment of student learning, and service to the department, college, and university. The successful candidate will be held to the standards and requirements of the college and department in which he/she/they is/are housed for recommending tenure and promotion. Given CSUN’s commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and engagement in a diverse environment, the successful candidate will help the Department achieve equitable academic outcomes for all students through teaching, student mentorship, scholarship, and service.
- Graduate degree in music, law, business, or another relevant field
- Professional experience in one or more areas of the music industry, including but not limited to: Music Law, Music Publishing and Licensing, Copyright, Entertainment Industry Contracts, Record Company Operations, Artist Management, Music in Media, Live Performance, or Music Products
- Classroom teaching experience in person and/or online
- The Music Coordinator will work closely with the Head of Music and be an integral part to the film music team
- You will be expected to leverage strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to partner effectively across divisions and with external partners
- Creating policies and systems to manage music assets
- Tracking and reporting music budgets
- Tracking and reporting music licensing
- Collecting cue sheets and ensuring third party publishing information is accurate
- Implementing cues sheets on Rapid CueAssisting in the coordination of other music operations as needed
- Providing administrative support to the Head of Music, Movies
Future assistants will provide administrative support to an Agent in our Music Department. The ideal candidate should be motivated, interested in the concert booking space, quick-thinking and open to working in an environment where he/she is capable of performing administrative tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Administrative duties include heavy phones, coordinating meetings and schedules, preparing expense reports, booking travel, producing correspondence, special projects, organization of touring clients’ activity (ticket counts, contract tracking, deposit tracking, releasing of monies, routing, etc.)
The Research Assistant position is an entry-level music business opportunity. The nature of this position requires an ability to self-motivate and engage in critical thinking while focusing on small details and data entry tasks. As a Research Assistant, you will:
- Research music copyright ownership using information available through the internet, direct sources, and other reference tools
- Prepare and enter updates to Songdex, the largest independent source of music copyright information in the world
- Match sound recordings to musical works
- May include other tasks related to music database maintenance and research, such as researching new releases or processing music cue sheet
Royalty Review Council has an immediate opening for a Royalty Accountant, an ideal opportunity for an experienced royalty accountant from the entertainment industry, particularly with experience with Counterpoint (Vistex) Systems software (Record Maestro and Music Maestro).
- 2+ years of record label or music publishing administration experience in preparing royalty statements REQUIRED
- Solid math skills and the ability to think analytically
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, lookups, data validation, formulas)
- Experience working with Counterpoint Systems Record Maestro and/or Music Maestro a plus
- Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or Music Industries Studies degree preferred
- Ability to work within deadlines, exercise good judgment, and maintain client confidentiality
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Set up royalty rate terms and label copy information in royalty system
- Enter quarterly sales, costs, reserves and related data for clients in royalty system
- Review royalty statements for accuracy
- Research unknown song publisher shares
- Other music related projects
- Meet established guidelines and timelines with high quality results
If you are a CA-licensed attorney with music legal experience and an exacting attention to detail who wants to join an innovative law firm run by a top music attorney, then read on!
Erin M. Jacobson, Esq., A.P.C. is a top boutique music law firm in Los Angeles, CA. The firm represents music artists, songwriters, composers, music publishers, independent record labels, managers, producers, estates and heirs, and legacy music catalogues. The nature of the firm’s work is transactional. We handle contractual, copyright, and publishing administration matters on behalf of clients (i.e. no litigation).
Our mission is to protect music creators, rights’ owners, and their catalogues through expert deal negotiation, intellectual property management, and advice for long term success. We value professionalism, excellence in our work, expert knowledge and advice, confidentiality, honesty, and innovation.
We are looking for a superstar Associate Attorney who is smart, positive, reliable, detail-oriented, trustworthy, and can work independently.
This is a full-time, remote role, reporting directly to the firm owner/managing attorney. Although the position is remote, the candidate must be a California resident. There will be a brief, part-time evaluation period at the outset to ensure a good fit for both parties.
Candidates should only be interested in a long-term position with the firm.