Industry Job Board
INDUSTRY JOB BOARD
The Production Coordinator position is a support role where you will be assisting the production team in manufacturing of merchandise for our clients. The Production Coordinator enters the process late in the design stage, and supports that process through to the end point of production delivery.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee all manufacturing and production processes.
- Manage Purchase Order schedules and timelines to insure timely delivery.
- Liaise when needed with different departments, teams and companies, e.g. suppliers, managers, warehouse personnel etc.
- Ensure responsible production using quotes and agreed upon budgets.
- Ensure product meets our clients’ quality standards.
- Sourcing products and new vendors.
The Studio Supply team provides client services & order management to several organizations throughout NBCUniversal including Television Distribution, Universal Pictures Group, NBC News, NBC Sports, NBCU Global Networks, USA Network, SyFy, Bravo, Saturday Night Live, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and local TV stations. As part of the Studio Supply team, Client Operations serves as the liaison various departments in order to fulfill content to all distribution outlets. The Client Ops Coordinator will work closely with the various internal and external digital media groups, the 24/7 support team, the Media Operations Teams, the Advanced Media Products team, and Engineering to ensure the accurate and reliable distribution of content to secondary platforms and third-party clients.
- Research music copyright ownership using information available through the internet, direct sources, and other reference tools
- Prepare and enter updates to Songdex, the largest independent source of music copyright information in the world
- Match sound recordings to musical works
- May include other tasks related to music database maintenance and research, such as researching new releases or processing music cue sheets
Independent music publisher/label Position Music is hiring for a position on our synch team. Position Music was founded in 1999 and is located in Burbank, CA. Our current staff of thirty five is extremely passionate about music and supporting our artists. We offer competitive employee benefits, along with a friendly, casual work environment in a modern industrial office with recording studios and the biggest drum you’ve ever seen hanging from the ceiling.
Position Music is looking for a synch marketing manager who has had a minimum of 3 years’ experience. The job requires a highly communicative, creative, experienced and team-oriented person. This person will be joining a 10-person synch and licensing team and will preferably be LA-based. Our office remote-work policy is hybrid.
Potential applicants can submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you’ll do:
- Act as a liaison between senior members of the A&R team and a wide array of internal and external contacts including senior management, outside industry contacts, artists, artist managers, vendors, internal departments, etc.
- General administrative duties in support of multiple A&R executives. These include but are not limited to:
- Answering phones, coordinating meetings, maintaining calendar, arranging conference calls, maintaining contact lists, etc.
- Preparing business expense reports in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
- Booking travel and creating and confirming travel itineraries
- Ordering and maintaining music product and office supplies
- Maintaining files, archives, and other assets for the department.
- Issuing purchase orders to vendors, obtain necessary approvals for invoices and costs, and process invoices
- Work with A&R, A&R Operations, and Release Planning to ensure delivery of assets (masters, credits, lyrics, agreements, etc.) in timely and accurate manner.
- Disseminate updated project details and assets as requested.
- Coordinate artist recording sessions which includes but is not limited to booking recording studios, engineers and artist travel.
This position supports Executive Producer(s) in an overall deal with Disney Branded Television at Disney Television Animation, with additional high-level administrative support. The primary focus of the job is heavy administration and scheduling in a vibrant, creative, talent friendly environment. The ideal candidate loves to solve problems, creates a friendly and inclusive atmosphere, is self-motivated and able to anticipate and manage shifting priorities with ease. A passion for diverse family content and animation is a must!
- Manage high volume scheduling for multiple projects
- Draft, review, and send communications on behalf of executive(s)
- Organize and prepare for meetings, including gathering documents and attending to logistics of meetings (virtual and in person)
- Answer and respond to emails, phone calls, communicate messages and information to the executive in a timely manner
- Preparing decks for internal and external creative presentations, including editing clips and mocking up creative materials
- Coordinate travel arrangements and itineraries
- Updating project reports, talent lists, pitch logs and overall organization of all development materials on server
- Facilitate communication between team members
- Reading, analyzing and distributing incoming memos and submissions
- Reviewing pitches, books and scripts and providing coverage, as requested
Future assistants will provide administrative support to an Agent in our Music Department. The ideal candidate should be motivated, interested in the concert booking space, quick-thinking and open to working in an environment where he/she is capable of performing administrative tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Administrative duties include heavy phones, coordinating meetings and schedules, preparing expense reports, booking travel, producing correspondence, special projects, organization of touring clients’ activity (ticket counts, contract tracking, deposit tracking, releasing of monies, routing, etc.)
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, detail orientated, team-player, and results-driven individual for the full-time position of Coordinator, Sync based in Los Angeles. The Synchronization department represents music publishing rights and offers clients a comprehensive licensing service. They work to serve songwriters by strategically developing new opportunities in Film, TV, Advertising, Video Games and other audio/visual media. In this role you will have the opportunity to demonstrate and further develop your talents under direct supervision with some latitude for independent judgment and decisions. This role will directly report to the SVP of Clearance and Sync Licensing and will work closely with the clearance and licensing teams as we collectively carry out our monthly priorities. There will be daily interaction with sync clients and other departments at the company. This position will impact the team by being an organized and proactive team player with a great ability to integrate a spirited approach to multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. We believe in synergy, solutions and being innovative in our approach to managing the high demands of our workflow which makes this a fun and challenging team to join.
- Manage two YouTube CMS accounts, including but not limited to, delievering assets, conflict resolution, manual
- claiming and identifying revenue trends
- Constantly monitor and ensure that the company is compliant with YouTube’s best practices
- Oversee distribution to ensure music and data is getting uploaded to the end points in a timely fashion
- Enusre proper translation, storage and delivery of song lyrics to multiple end points
- Track and ensure total completion of catalog ingestion
- Work with A&R admin team in the tracking and completion of assets required for releases
- Track the delievery status of music files and metadata to a variety of end points
- Work hand in hand with Creative team in managing pre-released music for pitching
- Liase with vendors to set up and maintain onboarding systems and relationships, including but not limited to, DDEX, CWR, SFTP etc.
- Uploading music and metadata to third party end points
- Deliver music, artwork and metadata to our distribution partner
- Prepare music files for distribution, including, but not limited to, adding metadata, formatting files, verifying all assets are correct
- Correctly organizing music libraries for third party partners and licensees
- Helping with additional special projects as they arise from time to time
Potential applicants can submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Potential applicants can submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Collaborate with filmmakers and studio executives (content, physical, post, legal, finance), and other internal/external stakeholders to coordinate and execute music objectives for the animation studio as early as the development phase through to final delivery
- Break down scripts and help with drafting preliminary budgets and flagging cost-prohibitive songs to Content and filmmakers
- Contribute creative music ideas as it relates to each title’s needs
- Work with filmmakers, studio executives, and music talent to develop a music timeline on musicals that coincides with the phases of the show from development to delivery
- Collaborate with Music Business & Legal Affairs on music talent deals
- Coordinate and schedule music talent meetings to facilitate the creative needs of the title
- Schedule internal syncs, update agendas, and organize and manage general meetings with music talent
- Take notes in music meetings and keep track of following action items
- Compile composer reels and playlists
- Conduct in-depth music research skills and be able to think outside the box
- Help create decks for various presentations
- Update internal applications with relevant music team assignments and music casting
- Track demo and score process and provide notes if necessary
- Support D&I efforts for music talent casting on shows
- Misc administrative needs, including organizing our internal drive and working closely with the team on special projects
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides administrative support VP, Creative and the Los Angeles Pop team by performing the following duties.
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA office.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Must learn company policies and procedures to effectively assist affiliates through phone calls, IVR (Interactive Voice Response), e-mails and meetings, with questions about BMI’s website, work registrations, reset online account login information, address changes, royalty statements and other inquiries.
- Organizes and maintains filing systems, copies, and files correspondence.
- Answers high volume of calls and screens supervisor’s and team’s telephone calls, as directed.
- Maintain and monitor affiliation processes and account status updates, compiling appropriate documentation and preparing reports.
- Compile and maintain updated lists and spreadsheets of accounts. Monitor and manage the execution of new agreements across internal departments.
- Responds to a substantial amount of calls and email inquiries of wide-ranging and complex administrative issues and correctly resolves.
- Greets scheduled visitors and delivers to appropriate area or person.
- Prepares expense reports and check requests as needed
- Special project work, including compiling account information as needed; organizing and analyzing data in Excel.
- Relieves receptionist, as directed.
- Regular attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Royalty Review Council has an immediate opening for a Royalty Accountant, an ideal opportunity for an experienced royalty accountant from the entertainment industry, particularly with experience with Counterpoint (Vistex) Systems software (Record Maestro and Music Maestro).
- 2+ years of record label or music publishing administration experience in preparing royalty statements REQUIRED
- Solid math skills and the ability to think analytically
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, lookups, data validation, formulas)
- Experience working with Counterpoint Systems Record Maestro and/or Music Maestro a plus
- Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or Music Industries Studies degree preferred
- Ability to work within deadlines, exercise good judgment, and maintain client confidentiality
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Set up royalty rate terms and label copy information in royalty system
- Enter quarterly sales, costs, reserves and related data for clients in royalty system
- Review royalty statements for accuracy
- Research unknown song publisher shares
- Other music related projects
- Meet established guidelines and timelines with high quality results
If you are a CA-licensed attorney with music legal experience and an exacting attention to detail who wants to join an innovative law firm run by a top music attorney, then read on!
Erin M. Jacobson, Esq., A.P.C. is a top boutique music law firm in Los Angeles, CA. The firm represents music artists, songwriters, composers, music publishers, independent record labels, managers, producers, estates and heirs, and legacy music catalogues. The nature of the firm’s work is transactional. We handle contractual, copyright, and publishing administration matters on behalf of clients (i.e. no litigation).
Our mission is to protect music creators, rights’ owners, and their catalogues through expert deal negotiation, intellectual property management, and advice for long term success. We value professionalism, excellence in our work, expert knowledge and advice, confidentiality, honesty, and innovation.
We are looking for a superstar Associate Attorney who is smart, positive, reliable, detail-oriented, trustworthy, and can work independently.
This is a full-time, remote role, reporting directly to the firm owner/managing attorney. Although the position is remote, the candidate must be a California resident. There will be a brief, part-time evaluation period at the outset to ensure a good fit for both parties.
Candidates should only be interested in a long-term position with the firm.