Industry Job Board
INDUSTRY JOB BOARD
Senior Director A&R, Pop – Sony Music Entertainment (posted on 6-8-23)
The Senior Director, Pop A&R will be responsible for finding and acquiring recording artists, songs and producers as well as leading artist development efforts for designated artists in their genre. This role will report directly to the Partner and Co-Founder of RECORDS and can be in New York or Los Angeles.
What you’ll do:
- Find and acquire recording artists, songs and producers through demos, recordings and live performances.
- Cultivate relationships with artists and representatives and negotiate deals.
- Solicit producers and coordinate meetings with artists and producers.
- Spearhead recording, mixing and mastering sessions.
- Select singles and key tracks.
- Gather deliverables, negotiate producer agreements, mixer agreements, gather label copy and deliver assets to operations team.
- Act as liaison with artist, artist managers and art department regarding marketing concepts.
- Provide comprehensive feedback on new music to head of label.
- Review and recommend submitted/solicited demos as well as online material.
- Provide creative input and direction on artist’s material.
- Plan and monitor recording budgets for assigned projects.
- Keep projects within agreed budget and schedule/timeline.
Music Operations Specialist – Russell Tobin (posted on 6-1-23)
A global tech company is looking for a Music Operations Specialist to provide temporary support to their music streaming team – APPLY TODAY! Hybrid- **Candidates must be local to Culver City, CA** 1-year contract with potential to extend/convert! $44-49 / hour
The Music Content Operations Specialist will define and reliably execute distribution, rights management, and artist support. You will need to roll your sleeves up to get things done but also have a strategic, long-term view to systematize and streamline everything we do. This role is a unique opportunity to contribute to efforts in an ever-evolving, critical area. You will work closely with artists, marketing, and business teams to ensure releases are correctly set up and go live seamlessly. You will also be responsible for onboarding artists and maintaining onboarded channels. The ideal candidate will have the right combination of entrepreneurial hustle, experience working with music content, and a focus on detail to make things run smoothly.
- Collaborate with Music leads to onboard new artists, including demoing services and platform features.
- Approve, deliver, and ensure perfect go-live of releases at DSPs.
- Optimize artist videos and channels for search on Youtube.
- Advise music and marketing teams regarding release plans, lead-times and due dates.
- Manage multi-faceted operations and metadata projects, past examples include Sync and Mechanicals.
- Manage operational relationships with distribution partners.
- Provide timely artist support that puts artists needs first.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (legal, tax, policy, support etc) to prepare new features for launch.
- Strategize with the wider Product & Business team to build the best platform for Artists.
- Oversee testing and bug reviews of new features on the platform.
- Strive for continuous improvement, and boundary-pushing initiatives.
Music Senior Staff Accountant, Touring – NKSFB, LLC (posted on 6-1-23)
Summary: Our company is searching for a Senior Staff Accountant to provide support to NKSFB tour clients by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Work with NKSFB Partners, Managers, Account Executives, and Assistant Account Executives on tour client accounts*
- Request tour itineraries and show contracts and forward those items to appropriate Insurance Brokers and Foreign Accountants
- File all tour documents in g-drive including itineraries, show contracts, budgets, etc.*
- Create and/or review tour budgets*
- Complete state tax mitigation applications*
- Complete foreign tax mitigation applications in certain territories*
- Correspond and work with Foreign Accountants to ensure they have all required paperwork and information to file the tax mitigation applications in certain territories *
- Prepare application Form 8802 and Form 8821 requesting Form 6166 and a letter of US residency certificate. *
- Prepare Form CA590 when applicable
- Prepare required Canadian forms when applicable
- Prepare CWA budget, end of tour reporting, and provide required information to tax department when applicable
- Ensure insurance certificates are provided by our insurance brokers to the various vendors/promoters. *
- Review vendor contracts and any changes requested by Insurance and Legal Professionals and ensure changes are completed with vendors. *
- Record show settlements in Datafaction system. *
- Review and reconcile show settlements * (et. al.)
LA Internships – NBCUniversal (posted on 5-30-23)
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way. Because we know it can be challenging to balance coursework and internship commitments, we offer interns paid time off for mental health, school exams, and personal holidays.To meet students where they are, we will host internships in both a virtual and in-person format. Opportunities listed will either be in-person based on the location mentioned or virtual, depending on business needs. Some of our internship opportunities that begin in September will continue through the Academic Year and end in April. Please be sure to read this job description carefully and note the internship dates, locations, and departments before applying.
Academic Year Internship Program:
- Applications Close: June 9, 2023 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don’t delay!
- Program Dates: September 18, 2023 – April 19, 2024
- Time Commitment: 16-24 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need. We will do our best to accommodate course schedules.
VP, A&R and Recording Studio Operations – Concord (posted on 5-23-23)
As the VP, A&R and Recording Studio Operations, you’ll be responsible for creating an managing recording schedules, budgets and the business related to the creation and complete delivery of commercial audio and video masters. You’ll work under limited direction.
What you’ll do:
- Review artist agreements to determine the amounts and payment schedules of the artist advance and recording budget or fund.
- Create and/or collaborate with producers in creating recording budgets
- Authorize budget compliant costs
- Organize and schedule all phases of recording for all new recordings
- Have an understanding of recording technology
- Maintain the relationship with the American Federation of Musicians (AFM), maintain an expertise its regulations and enforce compliance for new recordings
- Ensure that approved masters and videos meet production deadlines
- Coordinate the creation of radio edits and remixes
- Supervise the collection, archiving and storage of masters
- Manage the department’s priorities and workflow of the A&R Operations team, company recording studio facilities and staff engineers.
- Performs all duties inherent in a senior managerial role. Approves staff training, hiring, promotions, terminations and salary actions and prepares and ensures adherence to the department budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Royalty Analyst – Universal Music Group (posted on 5-23-23)
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Royalty Analyst. In this role, you will be assisting our artist royalty team in preparing and analyzing artist accounts to ensure that we are accurately reporting royalties to artists and third parties in accordance with the applicable agreements and licenses.This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of royalty reporting and many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
How You’ll CREATE
- Analyze and brief artist contracts for royalty obligations
- Set up releases in accordance with contracts
- Mainframe data entry
- Create and maintain detailed artist accounts
- Review and send artist statements and checks quarterly
- Assist with daily inquiries in a timely manner
- Assist with Month-end tasks
- Other duties as assigned
Bring Your VIBE
- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Access a plus.
- Experience with recording contracts and royalty accounting a plus.
- Four year college degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience.
Membership Coordinator, Pop-Rock – ASCAP (posted on 5-22-23)
The Membership Coordinator will play an important role supporting the creative, strategic goals and initiatives of the Membership Pop/Rock department in the ASCAP Los Angeles office. Reporting directly to the Vice President, the person in this role will also be responsible for keeping all Pop/Rock staff up to speed on the status of the various ongoing department projects; will assist the Pop/Rock staff as called upon to facilitate department goals; will interface with ASCAP members (songwriters, publishers) and their teams (managers, attorneys, etc.) as related to ASCAP events and daily needs pertaining to their ASCAP memberships. The person in this role will be trained in ASCAP’s internal systems and software and will gain the ability to resolve any member issues that may arise. The person in this role should be enthusiastic about upcoming talent, the L.A. music scene, and informed about the music industry at large.
Music Clearance & Licensing Administrator – Greater Goods Co. (posted on 5-16-23)
Sync Licensing, Clearance, Admin
– Research rights holders, assist in rights clearances for sync licenses
– Maintain/update sync tracker for each sync via AirTable
– Assist with reviewing, revising and issuing master & sync licenses
– Maintain/update Disco database with writer/publisher information and splits
– Populate and update contact database as needed
– Enter deal terms to new signing database and cross reference info with sync tracker
– Register writer/publisher shares with various societies
– Check accuracy of cue sheets for co-published works
– Assist with drafting new signing agreements as needed
– Update team with confirmed airdates
– Log payments in sync tracker and ensure accuracy on payments received and payments processed
– Maintain up-to-date knowledge of music in media and legal trends in music
This is a full time position that we are hoping to fill ASAP.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Though we are a small team, we have minimal hierarchy so we’re able to be flexible for the right candidate.
Location: Los Angeles. We are currently working remote but moving to a hybrid model in the coming months.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Royalty Label Analyst – Nigro Karlin Segal Feldstein & Bolno (posted on 5-5-23)
Summary: Assists all areas of royalty administration, including, but not limited to record label administration, licensing, royalty statement analysis and audit analysis support.Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare complex artist, producer, profit participation and mechanical statements under direction of manager*
- Prepare income allocation schedules under direction of manager *
- Prepare analytical reports under direction of manager *
- Review of contracts and licenses to ensure that reported royalties are accurate *
- Meet hard reporting deadlines while maintaining a professional attitude under pressure *
- Other royalty-related duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Director, Marketing – DC Comics – Warner Bros. Discovery (posted on 4-30-23)
This position is responsible for strategically planning and executing marketing initiatives that drive revenue, subscriptions, and engagement across the DC Comics organization. The Director, Marketing is expected to be a strong, hands-on leader with an entrepreneurial mindset who can build and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional partners, while leading a high-performing team in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Develop and execute impactful launch plans for DC Comics publications that continue with post-release campaigns in order to meet and exceed revenue and subscriber targets. Work closely with Brand & Creative, Sales, Communications, Editorial, Talent Management, Digital Product and Social teams to ensure alignment on marketing strategies across all release windows globally.
- Drive global alignment and execution of marketing strategies to ensure coordinated launches and maximum brand and business impact in concert with DC brand, franchise, PR, site, e-commerce, commercial retail, CRM, and social media teams.
- Analyze consumer insights to improve understanding of comics fans to strengthen go-to-market retail plans, customer acquisition and retention efforts, and to drive growth of new and diverse audiences across physical and digital products.
- Influence creative strategy with creative briefs that provide clear guardrails and direction for the development of marketing materials and media assets for pre-release title amplification and post-release push.
- Create executive-level presentations highlighting post-program analyses and benchmarking performance against KPIs, measuring the efficacy of marketing campaigns that will inform future programs and activations. Work with global publishing partners to incorporate key learnings into presentations.
- Track annual marketing budget spending, ensuring maximized campaign effectiveness and CAC efficiencies.
Financial Analyst, Residuals – Netflix (posted on 4-5-23)
- Forecast, set-up, pay, and report residual liabilities
- Forecast and estimate residuals costs
- Liaise with Production Accountants and Producers to gather required information for residual setups.
- Analyze and interpret production and distribution contracts for residual liability
- Provide analysis to determine residuals impact in various scenarios
- Collaborate across various business units within Netflix
- Work with third party payment processor(s) to provide relevant setup data, and ensure complete and accurate setup for residual payments.
- Participate in the testing and implementation of new residual systems related to process improvements, efficiency, and standardization.
- Collecting documentation for guild audits and internal audits
Senior Coordinator, Industry Leader Engagement & Chapter Operations – The Recording Academy (posted on 4-4-23)
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate, support, and lead elements of ILECO team projects such as the Entertainment Law Initiative (ELI), Professional Member programming and outreach, industry leader engagement and other initiatives as assigned.
- Work as an integral part of the ILECO team in producing ELI and the ELI GRAMMY Week event, including but not limited to coordinating invites, ELI Writing Contest outreach and grading, event sponsor invoicing, and management of event check-in.
- Work with Chapter teams by supporting on a remote basis their events, Board meetings and Board elections as needed including but not limited to sending invites and reminders, managing RSVP lists and check-in related documents, coordinating catering and other services, preparing travel requests and expense reimbursements, and creating election-related documents.
- Collaborate with Chapters to maintain current budget spreadsheets, tracking goal progress and membership engagement parameters.
- Maintain current information on all calendars, ensure contact information and lists are current.
- Perform scheduling, preparation of collateral, minutes, follow-up notes for various projects.
- Preparation of Chapter Executive Director expense reports, invoices, check requests and related materials.
- Assist with event marketing, social media outreach, sponsor invoicing and communications.
- Collect and maintain Chapter and other event and meeting RSVPs, track changes or additions, send event reminders to attendees, track event attendance.
- Assist with travel coordination for Chapters’ Executive Directors, Staff, Board and event panelists as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate Director, Artist Development – Sony Music Entertainment (posted on 3-28-23)
What you’ll do:
- Build close relationships with artists and their teams while managing multiple active campaigns simultaneously.
- Collaborate with internal AWAL teams such as A&R, Global Commercial Partnerships, Sync, Brands, Radio, Creative, International, and Audience Development to build innovative marketing campaigns, creative tools, and set measurable goals that drive cultural impact, critical acclaim, and deliver tangible commercial results.
- Provide direct operational support to artist teams by setting up digital and physical releases and troubleshooting data, statement, and royalty questions.
- Craft and share compelling marketing updates including artist proposition docs, release strategy updates, project pitch info, and data analysis.
- Strategize and implement digital marketing and audience development plans including content marketing, advertising, influencer campaigns,, and social media best practices.
- Maintain and build a network of external partners such as publicists, agents, content creators, and marketing agencies that you hire and directly manage on campaigns.
- Monitor and analyze campaign performance through internal and third party data tools in order to derive learnings and apply those to your campaigns.
- Manage and administer marketing campaign budgets.
Music Management Coordinator – Warner Chappell Music (posted on 3-28-23)
As part of our robust post-production team, this position is integral to ensuring a high level of consistency for our bi-monthly album releases. This includes overseeing quality control of the metadata for both new releases and all of the catalog’s 190,000+ discreet music titles as needed. You will ensure our taxonomy remains up to date and comprehensive and that our music is tagged correctly and consistently. This position is located in Los Angeles and reports directly to the Head of Production. Primary responsibilities include providing QC and metadata continuity for the 90+ WCPM catalogs including both wholly-owned and 3rd party catalogs, coordinating the updating of metadata for WCPM’s back-logged catalogs, acting as liaison for external metadata providers to maintain consistent workflow and working with in-house tech teams to enhance metadata protocol. You will also coordinate with asset management vendors and the in-house technical team for various batch processing initiatives and help provide research pertaining to new protocols and approaches. You will work closely with the production team to ensure timely release of albums including assisting with QC-ing audio as needed. And you will assist the marketing team with copywriting and distribution of marketing assets to affiliates worldwide. If you have strong creative writing skills and excellent spelling and grammar, are detail-oriented, a self-starter and have familiarity with a wide expanse of musical genres, this position provides an excellent opportunity to learn and grow within the production music industry.
Administrator, Music Clearance – Warner Bros. Discovery (posted on 3-27-23)
Assisting the music department (Director and Vice President, Music/Legal) by facilitating timely clearance and reporting of all music and sound design uses and costs in audiovisual materials for marketing and publicity in connection with Warner Bros. Theatrical Marketing, Home Entertainment, and HBO Max Originals.
Executive Assistant, Film/TV/Visual Media Dept. – Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) (posted on 3-21-23)
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Manage VP’s calendar and independently schedule appointments.
- Arrange travel plans and itineraries, and compile documents for travel-related meetings. Handle expense reimbursement process to ensure reimbursements are accurately paid and without delay. Reconcile travel receipts to reimbursements.
- Handle and screen incoming phone calls and greet scheduled visitors for VP.
- Develop working knowledge of performance rights, royalty methodologies, cue sheets, publishing, film music, media landscape, and industry personnel.
- Field daily incoming general calls regarding statements, cue sheets, affiliation process, etc.
- Research Performing Rights questions and royalty statements.
- Organize and maintain contact database.
- Keeps records, update parking and conference room responsibilities (set-up and booking).
- Provide routine administrative and office support; file, maintain data bases, order supplies, manage departmental invoices, reconcile payment questions.
- Research information on composers, songwriters, publishers, films, television and soundtracks as needed. Confidential research reports.
- Compile weekly box office reports.
- Maintain calendar of composer scoring sessions and department events.
- Generate expense reports, check requests, value letters and department related correspondence.
- Event coordination including gathering RSVP’s, generating spreadsheets, setting up production books, materials acquisition, pre-production technical assistance.
- Production assistant for workshops including videotaping, securing supplies, on-site participation.
- Assist with special projects and general department assistance as needed.
- Regular attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Administrative Assistant – Sony Music Publishing (posted on 2-18-23)
Sony Music Publishing has an amazing opportunity for a dynamic, Admin Assistant to support our company’s bi-coastal Chairman and Chief Executive Officer and his Executive Assistant. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated and extremely service-driven assistant who is highly motivated, proactively engaged and adaptable in managing the daily activities of the Chairman, has a strong sense of urgency and uses the highest level of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality when dealing with all matters of the Chairman. Operating in a very fast-paced environment, the candidate must be able to successfully partner with his/her EA counterpart, manage multiple activities and projects at any given time without skipping a beat, and provide an extremely high level of business and personal support to our Chairman.
Research Assistant – Music Reports (posted on 1-30-23)
- Research music copyright ownership using information available through the internet, direct sources, and other reference tools
- Prepare and enter updates to Songdex, the largest independent source of music copyright information in the world
- Match sound recordings to musical works
- May include other tasks related to music database maintenance and research, such as researching new releases or processing music cue sheet
Music Department Assistant – CAA (posted on 1-28-23)
Future assistants will provide administrative support to an Agent in our Music Department. The ideal candidate should be motivated, interested in the concert booking space, quick-thinking and open to working in an environment where he/she is capable of performing administrative tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Administrative duties include heavy phones, coordinating meetings and schedules, preparing expense reports, booking travel, producing correspondence, special projects, organization of touring clients’ activity (ticket counts, contract tracking, deposit tracking, releasing of monies, routing, etc.)
Royalty Accountant – Royalty Review Council (reposted on 12-02-22)
Royalty Review Council has an immediate opening for a Royalty Accountant, an ideal opportunity for an experienced royalty accountant from the entertainment industry, particularly with experience with Counterpoint (Vistex) Systems software (Record Maestro and Music Maestro).
- 2+ years of record label or music publishing administration experience in preparing royalty statements REQUIRED
- Solid math skills and the ability to think analytically
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, lookups, data validation, formulas)
- Experience working with Counterpoint Systems Record Maestro and/or Music Maestro a plus
- Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or Music Industries Studies degree preferred
- Ability to work within deadlines, exercise good judgment, and maintain client confidentiality
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Set up royalty rate terms and label copy information in royalty system
- Enter quarterly sales, costs, reserves and related data for clients in royalty system
- Review royalty statements for accuracy
- Research unknown song publisher shares
- Other music related projects
- Meet established guidelines and timelines with high quality results
Associate Attorney – Music Law Firm (posted on 11-2-22)
If you are a CA-licensed attorney with music legal experience and an exacting attention to detail who wants to join an innovative law firm run by a top music attorney, then read on!
Erin M. Jacobson, Esq., A.P.C. is a top boutique music law firm in Los Angeles, CA. The firm represents music artists, songwriters, composers, music publishers, independent record labels, managers, producers, estates and heirs, and legacy music catalogues. The nature of the firm’s work is transactional. We handle contractual, copyright, and publishing administration matters on behalf of clients (i.e. no litigation).
Our mission is to protect music creators, rights’ owners, and their catalogues through expert deal negotiation, intellectual property management, and advice for long term success. We value professionalism, excellence in our work, expert knowledge and advice, confidentiality, honesty, and innovation.
We are looking for a superstar Associate Attorney who is smart, positive, reliable, detail-oriented, trustworthy, and can work independently.
This is a full-time, remote role, reporting directly to the firm owner/managing attorney. Although the position is remote, the candidate must be a California resident. There will be a brief, part-time evaluation period at the outset to ensure a good fit for both parties.
Candidates should only be interested in a long-term position with the firm.