Your Future Is Now Scholarship | Recording Academy’s Black Music Collective and Amazon Music
The Recording Academy’s Black Music Collective and Amazon Music are working together to bring scholarships to a new generation of music industry power players.
Three students attending historically Black colleges or universities will receive a $10,000 scholarship. The scholarship recipients will also participate in a two-week immersive rotation program with Amazon Music department leads. This award is available to any future music creators, recording professionals and executives.
In addition, the BMC and Amazon Music will award two HBCUs $20,000 grants for equipment for their music programs.
Applicants to the Your Future is Now Scholarship program must:
- Be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Be currently enrolled at an HBCU and in good standing.
- Be planning to attain a bachelor’s degree in music, music business, business administration, marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
Employees of Amazon or the Recording Academy and their subsidiaries and members of their immediate family are not eligible to apply.
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents:
- Current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course, and term in which each course was taken.
- A personal statement (500 words)
- A creative video showing us your creativity (3 minute limit)
The Songwriter Fund Emergency Grants
Thanks to a generous donation of resources from Sony Music Publishing and SONA, and their expressed vision of helping songwriters and composers in need, we were able to create a fund that will distribute small emergency grants of $1000 to qualified songwriters who have suffered work cancellation and other financial losses as result of the coronavirus pandemic.
Applications open April 28, 2021. Learn more here: https://www.songwriterfund.com
The Mechanical Licensing Collective Receives $424 Million in Historical Unmatched Royalties from Digital Service Providers – February 16, 2021 – Read more
BMI Celebrates Black History Month – Read more
SESAC Celebrates Black History Month – Read more
Announcement Concerning Interim Mechanical Royalty Rates Pending the Outcome of Copyright Royalty Board Remand Proceedings in Phonorecords III – Read more
BMI: Important Distribution Schedule Change for 2022; Additional One-Time Distribution in 2021